Kids … you gotta love them.
I don’t always make eggs during the work week (it’s hard enough playing musical high chairs with my toddlers before I start the work day), but thought it would be good to switch up their morning breakfast. My 2- and 1-year-olds had a tasty breakfast that was worthy of Instagram, but my breakfast definitely did not come out how I imagined — like, at all.
I thought I was going to enjoy an omelet, but leave it to my 1-year-old to keep tugging on my pants that turned it into some type of open-faced concoction.
(Thanks a lot!)
Still, it was pretty tasty. 🙂
Spinach & Kale Open-Faced Omelet With Swiss
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup spinach and kale
- 2 pieces Swiss cheese slices
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, beat egg with salt, pepper, and oregano. Pour into skillet.
- Add spinach and kale to the center of the skillet. Top with two Swiss cheese slices.
- Using a spatula, push the left edge of egg to the center of the skillet. Do the same for the right side. (Note: Gently press on each side with the spatula for a few seconds to make sure it “sticks.”)
You might also like: 30-Minute Pork Chops in a White Wine Butter Sauce
It might look crazy, but is pretty good.